Filed under: FIRST events, FIRST in Florida, FIRST Resources, FRC, South Florida Regional, STEM news | Tagged: FIRST resources, FIRST Robotics Competition, FRC, FRC off season events, Mission Mayhem, Rebound Rumble, South Florida Regional, STEM education | Leave a Comment »
There was Will.I.Am and Dean Kamen and Dr. Woody Flowers and Kareem Abdul Jabbar! There were epic battles and tornadoes! It was a FIRST Championship like no other, and the biggest storm was Florida! Enjoy this photographic look at the FIRST Championship! Congratulations to all the great teams who participated in the event, and a huge thank you to everyone who made it possible, from FIRST and event staff to the hundreds of volunteers who handled everything from inspection to judging to field operations! You’re FIRST in our hearts! Can’t wait to do it all over again!
Filed under: FIRST in the News, FIRST events, FIRST in Florida, FTC, FRC, FIRST Championship | Tagged: Dean Kamen, STEM education, FIRST Tech Challenge, FTC, FRC, FIRST Robotics Competition, Rebound Rumble, Kareem Abdul Jabbar | Leave a Comment »
From FRC Team SPAM Robotics of Martin County, taking the top award in the FRC Championship as the Winning Alliance, and the Pink Team earning the Spirit Award, to FTC Team Masquerade‘s signature role as a member of the Winning Alliance in the FTC Championship, along with FTC Team dent in the universe’s receipt of the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award, Florida made a powerful and memorable showing at the FIRST Championship!
To spice things up, SPAM battled it out with fellow Floridateam
Congratulations to all our great Florida teams! More photos soon!
Filed under: FIRST in the News, FIRST events, FIRST in Florida, FTC, FRC, FIRST Championship | Tagged: STEM education, FIRST Tech Challenge, FTC, FRC, FIRST Robotics Competition, Bowled Over, Team Duct Tape, Rebound Rumble, dent in the universe, Masquerade, SPAM robotics, Team Pink | Leave a Comment »
Hosted by Team 1251, TechTiger Robotics and Team 3653, The Botcats
When: Friday/Saturday, 10/26 & 10/27 2012
Registration fee: $300 per team
Friday night sleep over/lock-in; Games; Entertainment
FIRST has a NEW! Mobile-Friendly Website for the upcoming 2012 FIRST Championship!
The new Championship website will help visitors and spectators
- find their way around the event;
- provide program descriptions and game overviews;
- showcase St. Louis Visitor Information;
- link to the NASA viewing site; and
- enableeasy access to all FIRST social media links for timely, up-to-the minute information about the 2012 FIRST Championship events, happenings & excitement!
FIRST is Making it Loud! Help spread the word!
Check it out on your browser or device at http://championship2012.usfirst.org or scan the QR code:
Filed under: FIRST in the News, FIRST events, FTC, FIRST Resources, FRC, FIRST Championship | Tagged: STEM education, FIRST resources, FIRST Tech Challenge, FRC, FIRST Robotics Competition, Bowled Over, Rebound Rumble, FIRST Championship website | Leave a Comment »
Florida is heading to the FIRST Championship in St. Louis, MO next week with a huge contingent of teams this year. The FIRST Championship April 25-28 is the culmination of the season’s FIRST programs, bringing together three separate robotics competitions for the ultimate Sport for the Mind. The event includes the FIRST Robotics Competition Championship, the FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship, and the FIRST LEGO League World Festival, and the Junior FIRST LEGO League World Festival Expo.
Filed under: FIRST events, FIRST in Florida, FTC, FLL, FIRST Resources, Jr. FLL, FRC, FIRST Championship | Tagged: STEM education, FIRST resources, FIRST LEGO League, FLL, FIRST Tech Challenge, FTC, Jr. FLL, Snack Attack, FRC, FIRST Robotics Competition, Rebound Rumble, FIRST Championship, FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship, FIRST Robotics Competition World Championship | Leave a Comment »
- Don’t forget your Safety Glasses! As most of you know, everyone is required to wear Safety Glasses at all times in the Pit area. When you are packing up to go to your Event(s), please remember to pack Safety Glasses for every Student and Mentor who will be in the Pit area (it’s also helpful to pack Safety Glasses for spectators attending on behalf of your team). FIRST has only a limited supply of extra Safety Glasses on hand, so we appreciate your efforts to supply enough Safety Glasses for your entire team!
- Please review the Safety Manual! You can view the Safety Manual here: http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/safety-video-and-manual. It is important that teams obey all safety items, including wearing closed toe shoes, wearing gloves and practicing safe lifting techniques.
- Respect boundaries in the Pit area! Please be respectful of your fellow FRC teams by being aware of how much space your team is using in the Pit area. Per Manual Section 22.214.171.124, every team is usually allocated a 10’x10’x10’ Pit space. Please be conscious of how much space your team is using in order to allow adequate workspace for your neighboring teams, and to ensure overall safety for everyone. We appreciate your Gracious Professionalism™!
- Lost and Found Items: All Lost and Found items get packed on our trucks and come back to FIRST headquarters. All lost item requests will be addressed after the Championship Event (when all trucks are back in Manchester).
- If your team qualifies at a Competition Event to attend the CMP, you will automatically be moved to the CMP Waitlist the Monday following your competition.
- On or before Tuesday @ 5 PM ET following your event, call FIRST Finance to make payment arrangements 1-800-871-8326 ext. 563. Payment arrangements can be made by Check, Credit Card, Purchase Order from school or Commitment Letter from Corporate sponsor. One of these forms must be received by the Tuesday following the qualifying Regional by 5pm ET. Commitment Letters and Purchase Orders must be paid to FIRST by check or credit card prior to Friday, April 13, 2012 for Regional events and Tuesday, April 17, 2012 for District Championship Events.
- IMPORTANT - If you do not register by the Tuesday deadline, your team will be removed from the Waitlist and ineligible to register for the CMP (i.e., your spot will not be held past the Tuesday deadline!).
Please go to the Steele Meetings website at http://www.firstchampionshiphousing.com/ to make your housing arrangements.
IMPORTANT I: Each season there are teams who make CMP hotel arrangements in the hopes they will qualify at a regional event. Teams that do this do so at their own risk. You will be responsible for any cancellation fees incurred per Steele Meetings Policies. If you have any questions, please contact Steele Meetings directly for any further clarification at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT II: DO NOT ship your robot to the CMP event unless you qualify at your regional event, or if your team pre-qualified and is already registered! If your team qualifies at an event, please stop by Pit Admin to receive your shipping documents. Teams not registered for the CMP will be responsible for all costs associated with shipping their robot to and from the CMP. Only teams officially registered to attend the CMP will have their shipments home covered by the FedEx Donation.
The new South Florida Regional FRC event will be held March 29-31 on the campus of the Boca Raton campus of Florida Atlantic University. 42 teams have signed up for the event, and it’s an exciting time for Florida as we reach out to more teams statewide. Information for participating teams is now online at http://firstinflorida.com/teams/information .
Check it out, and spread the word!
It was the first day of game play today at the Orlando Regional at the University of Central Florida. 63 teams in various stages of readiness but collectively energetic and enthusiastic filled the UCF Arena with power tools and cheers as robots took to the field in this year’s Rebound Rumble.
The Orlando Regional was awash in Gracious Professionalism as veteran teams piled into rookie team pits to help with everything from building to programming.
Match play resumes Saturday, with the final round of awards. Check out the Florida FRC Facebook page for photos and
first hand accounts, and look for a slide show here at FIRST in Florida later next week.
Visit FIRST Chat for Orlando Regional teams specs and stats!